Sunday, May 8

St. Patty's Day



It's been a while so I'm going to try and update some holiday themed goodies for events that have already passed.
These are from a St. Patrick's Day potluck at work, they were a hit!
The ones with the green icing are vanilla cupcakes with green tinted buttercream frosting while the chocolate ones are a little bit more exotic. They are double chocolate cupcakes with a pistachio truffle on the inside, sprinkled with pistachios on top. The combination of the salty nuts with the bittersweet dark chocolate was a amazing but you have to be a chocolate fan to like them. I think it was a bit much for the folks at work.
Thinking back the icing on top of the chocolate ones wasn't that great, I just whipped the chocolate and cream mixture that I use for my chocolate ganache and it was way too bitter for a cupcake that was so rich to begin with. In the future I'll be sure to use the frosting recipe I mention in my Easter post.

I tend to switch off between calling it frosting or icing, wtf is the difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment