Wednesday, October 12

Hostess with the Mostess

No I didn't host. But I did make cupcake that look like Hostess cakes. And I made them back in July, so when I said I didn't make any in July... oops I lied. Anway it was a combination party for a couple of folks birthdays but mainly my good friend Billy. He is the individual seen with the box o' awesome. In addition to being one of the nicest people I know he also does some DJing, some of his stuff can be seen here.



Anywho this party seemed like a great opportunity to show of my baking skills. I don't remember what inspired me to make Hostess cakes cupcakes but I rocked the shit out of these cupcakes. I made chocolate cupcakes and filled them with creamcheese buttercream, dipped them in chocolate ganache frosting, and finally added the signature swirl on top. My only complaint is that I don't think I put enough cream filling on the inside but no one else said anything so I'm hoping I'm just being my worst critic. Other than that, they were really good. I just have to modify how I fill my cupcakes because cutting a hold in each individual cupcake is way too time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment