Wednesday, October 12

Oh So Sweet Potato

I keep accidentally calling these Pumpking cupcakes. I think it's because people (myself included) forget how amazing a sweet potato is and how much it tastes like pumpkin. I was bored at work one day looking up some creative icing recipes when I stumbled across this little jem. Ginger Honey Buttercream. Initially I wasn't all that interested in making the cupcakes, just stealing the icing recipe but the reviews at the bottom convinced me. To be honest I think I made these the same day I made the Mint Oreo, I was in the baking mood. They were a little time consuming just because I had to boil the sweet potatoes, mash them, blah.
These are so amazing, I can't even describe. Especially when they were fresh out of the oven with the cool icing on top...mmmm. I didn't pipe the icing like I normally do, it was much too soft. Maybe if I refrigerate it next time it would be more manageable. Who knows. Anyway, needless to say I'll be making these again.


No comments:

Post a Comment